Friday, June 11, 2010

Product Review: L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara


With the popularity of mascaras that use tubing, I was really anxious to try one. I loved Blinc Kiss Me Mascara, but it's expensive so I was really thinking twice about buying that since mascaras don't last long. In my search for a good inexpensive mascara, I've tried so many different waterproof mascaras. Unfortunately, it would seem that no waterproof mascara could withstand my uber oily lids. Thankfully, I went to the US and got myself a tube of this for only $8.

The mascara is double-ended. The primer end, coats the lashes with a film of white. I don't really know what it's supposed to do. The other end is the actual mascara end.

So here's how my lashes looked like:

From left to right: lashes curled w/o mascara, one coat of mascara, two coats of mascara

As you can see, there isn't much difference on the first coat, but there is a big difference in length in the second coat. 

How did it fare? I'm so happy to report that this does not smudge the whole day with me! Even for 10 hours. On really hot days, it does flake a little, but I find I can just flick it away. This is so much better than conventional mascaras, when the smudges can only be taken out with makeup remover and putting concealer just makes it worse!

To top it all off, it easily comes off just by pulling the tubes out with wet fingers. No more tedious removal using a makeup remover! And yet, I've never lost an eyelash. Just pull gently :)

As you can see, this mascara is a good product for my needs. Here are the pros and cons:

PROS
  • does a good job for lengthening
  • no smudges even for long periods of time
  • comes off easily with water

CONS
  • does not do much for volume
  • some people might find the two-step application too much of a hassle
  • can flake when it's extremely hot

Conclusion: I find that this is a good everyday mascara especially if you have long lashes already, but you'll need a different one for more va-va-voom lashes.

Will I buy this again? Yes!

TIP: Wait for L'oreal to go on sale, since I find this mascara to be quite expensive for a L'oreal mascara at P800+.

8 comments:

Jem said...

great review!

i haven't tried any of those dual-ended mascaras yet. I'm currently happy with fiberwig & i feel like japanese masacaras are a lot better in working with 'asian lashes' like mine so i think i would just save my money instead of buying something that im not sure will work.

But it really does work on you!
^_^

Crystal said...

hey girl, i'd really like to try the fiberwig mascaras but they're too expensive! 1k is too much for a mascara in IMO, so I'll stick to this for a while.

AskMeWhats said...

definitely saw something on the "length factor" Thanks for the review on this, haven't tried this pa

Crystal said...

nikki, NP!

Pammy said...

I had this and I didn't like the spider legs effect on my lashes. :(
I'm glad that it works for you though. :)

Crystal said...

pammy, ok na to! hehehe.

+ S T A R + said...

thanks for the review crystal. i am currently looking for a new mascara to try. ill keep looking though to have more choices.

i need something to lengthen my lashes cause theyre so short!

Crystal said...

jing, if you're looking for length, the fiber mascaras (like this one, blinc, imju) are good choices i think :)

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails