Thursday, August 05, 2010

Review: Babyliss Pro 230 Iron

When I started doing hairstyling, I had to upgrade my tools. And for professional use, I'm looking for a flat iron that will give me results in a jiffy, since I'm normally pressed for time.



I bought my Babyliss Pro 230 iron from good recommendations from my peers and teacher. I waited for their anniversary sale, because boy does this cost a pretty penny! Yes, I held out for that long :P I've been using it for a few months now and I'm liking it. Here's what I like:

PROS
  • Heats up easily
  • You can choose the heat setting
  • Straightens well but might need more than one pass especially for people with hard-to-straighten hair
  • It's tourmaline and ceramic so it won't damage your hair as much as regular irons
  • Hair doesn't look dull after use
  • Has a swivel cord so you won't have problems with tangling the cord
  • Creates flips easily
  • Makes a good hair curler, with a bit of practice
  • Can be used locally! I really wanted to buy from CHI (which is one of the top brands for flat irons) but they can't be used here due to voltage problems

CONS

  • It's such a bother that the on and off button is at the same place where you grip your hand! I keep accidentally shutting it off especially when I use it on myself.
  • You have to pass the iron through the hair quickly, or else you'll end up with a slight fold where you started

Good flat irons are quite expensive, but I'm glad I made the purchase!
Where to buy and how much? At SM Department Stores and Landmark for around P3,400.

Rating: 4.5/5

PS. I didn't show a before and after pic, because my hair is rebonded so it wouldn't show much of a difference :P

Any thoughts? Who has tried this? I'd love to see your feedback.

3 comments:

Sara (The Makeup Snob.com) said...

Thank you! I am so in the market for a new flat iron, there are to many to choose from! Im glad to know your thoughts on this one!

AskMeWhats said...

OH man! I hate it! why do they put the on/off switch at the "grip" area? I hate it! Hahahah my current one is the same, it kept on switching off !!!

Crystal said...

@sara, glad i could help :)

@nikki, i know what you mean! they should just put the switch inside or something. it will make our lives easier :)

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails