When I started doing hairstyling, I had to upgrade my tools. And for professional use, I'm looking for a flat iron that will give me results in a jiffy, since I'm normally pressed for time.
I bought my Babyliss Pro 230 iron from good recommendations from my peers and teacher. I waited for their anniversary sale, because boy does this cost a pretty penny! Yes, I held out for that long :P I've been using it for a few months now and I'm liking it. Here's what I like:
- Heats up easily
- You can choose the heat setting
- Straightens well but might need more than one pass especially for people with hard-to-straighten hair
- It's tourmaline and ceramic so it won't damage your hair as much as regular irons
- Hair doesn't look dull after use
- Has a swivel cord so you won't have problems with tangling the cord
- Creates flips easily
- Makes a good hair curler, with a bit of practice
- Can be used locally! I really wanted to buy from CHI (which is one of the top brands for flat irons) but they can't be used here due to voltage problems
- It's such a bother that the on and off button is at the same place where you grip your hand! I keep accidentally shutting it off especially when I use it on myself.
- You have to pass the iron through the hair quickly, or else you'll end up with a slight fold where you started
Good flat irons are quite expensive, but I'm glad I made the purchase!
Where to buy and how much? At SM Department Stores and Landmark for around P3,400.
PS. I didn't show a before and after pic, because my hair is rebonded so it wouldn't show much of a difference :P
Any thoughts? Who has tried this? I'd love to see your feedback.