Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Avon 24k Gold Lipstick

I'm such a sucker for good reviews. And yes, since I read good reviews about Avon's 24k Gold Lipsticks, I bought three.



Love the gold packaging! Looks so classy.


So here are the swatches of Golden Peach, 24K Pink and Amethyst Gold. I tell you, these swatches do not do justice. They're much prettier in person. Golden Peach and 24K Pink look alike, but in real life, 24K Pink is slightly more pinkish.

The coverage is sheer but buildable.

So here are the pros and cons:

PROS
  • affordable
  • can be buildable to look thicker
  • nice packaging

CONS
  • if you rub your lips, the shimmer will transfer to the sides of your mouth
  • smells weird, like most AVON lipsticks

 If you love lipsticks with shimmer, this is definitely for you! But if you like matte lipsticks only, stay away from this.

Where to buy? From your nearest AVON lady, for around P420, but wait for them to go on sale so the price will go down to less than P300.

12 comments:

RonetteB said...

I've yet to try these... Thanks for posting :) I like the golden peach colour...

Pammy said...

I stopped using anything from Avon when a former British trainer told us that only oldies use Avon products in the UK. :P But the lippies' packaging looks nice, I want to check them out even if I'm not a shimmery lippy fan. :D

Crystal said...

ronette, you're welcome!

pammy, talaga? well, avon has some good products though :)

September said...

I have three 24K lippies din! ;D I have Golden peach, 24K pink and natural gold. I agree with what you said about the shimmers, but still, I love them to bits! :D

Crystal said...

haha, funny noh? it will really spread around your face!

AskMeWhats said...

Haven't tried Avon lipsticks pa! I had when I was a teenager, the ones for young girls! hahaha :)

Crystal said...

ooh, i had that too! hahaha.

DeBi said...

I giggled with the avon smell....how does your sense of smell describe it?

Crystal said...

debi, haha it's very hard to describe the smell.

Bernadette Villanueva said...

Not a fan of shimmers since I have full lips na, but the swatches looks so nice! Hope to see you wearing them. =) And PS: I had the teenager lipsticks from Avon too! =D

Kyuu said...

i actually don't like it...kasi nagbabalat ung lips ko pag ginagamit ko un...pero maganda naman..kung hindi lang sana nagbabalat lips ko... sinubukan ko ding maglagay ng lip gloss/balm pero ganun parin...

Crystal said...

neurochiq, hindi ka lang sanay, but i'm sure it will look great on you!

kyuu, sayang it didn't work for you. sa akin kasi, i have dry lips talaga so i feel that all lipsticks are the same in terms of drying factor. LOL!

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails