Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On Using Heated Eyelash Curlers

I actually have three eyelash curlers, but I decided to give heated eyelash curlers a try because some of my makeup artist friends use them. I bought the one from ULTA, since it was BOGO during that time. Note that this is not a review of the ULTA heated eyelash curler. I have no basis for comparison since this is the first heated eyelash curler I've tried. This post will be just mainly about using heated eyelash curlers. 

So anyway, here's how mine looks like:
It's actually small and sleek. It fits easily into a purse, but runs on batteries. I bet some of you might be wondering if these things actually work or work better than the real thing. My answer is: this might be a good option for some people.

PROS
  • Good option for people whose lashes are too short that they have time curling with a traditional curler
  • Won't give you the "L" shape
  • You can never lose an eyelash from accidentally tugging too hard

CONS
  • Takes longer to use than a traditional curler
  • needs batteries to work
  • has to be heated up first (mine doesn't take long to heat up--around 20-30 seconds)
How did it work for me? Here's a picture of my eye before and after I used the curler. I used the curler after mascara. They say that this is the better way to use it because then the curl has something to hold on to.

Do you see a difference? I sure do. My lashes appear to be longer after I curled it. As for the heat, it doesn't get hot enough to actually burn you or anything :P

What about you? Would you ever try this? Or would you just stick to regular ones? What are your thoughts? I'd love to read them.

5 comments:

AskMeWhats said...

wow, I see the difference too! :)

Pammy said...

Me three! I can see the difference as well. :P

Crystal said...

thanks for commenting gals :)

BIANCA: said...

just curious...can it dry and eventually damage eyelashes like what hair irons do to hair when constantly used?

Crystal said...

bianca, i was wondering about that myself. i don't know the answer to that, but i guess it would be good to not use this everyday.

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails