Monday, August 01, 2011

My Venture into Eyelash Perming @ Lavish Lashes Salon

I have been curious about eyelash perming for quite sometime now. I have long eyelashes already, so I didn't want extensions since they're a hassle to take care off. After thinking about it carefully, I decided to get my lashes permed. I thought about where to have it done, and I finally settled on Lavish Lashes Salon.

I'm not sure about other salons, but Lavish Lashes Salon is actually quite picky with their customers. They require a certain length of lashes before they agree to perform the procedure. They told me that some of my lashes on the inner corners are shot and won't curl properly. 

So I was led inside and it's actually quite cozy. I had to shut my eyes for 1 hour and 30 minutes. I didn't feel any pain during the procedure, but after one eye felt a little itchy (I have sensitive eyes). So here is the end result:


My curl looks natural! I'm happy with the result. And even though they said that my inner corners won't curl, it actually did! Sorry for the messy eyebrows. This is how it looks like without any makeup on: thick and the hairs are facing down.

Some tips:
  • If you don't like to sleep, prepare a playlist to last an hour and a half because you really can't open your eyes.
  • You can't wet your eyes for 24 hours after the procedure, so be prepared with some facial wipes.

Will I do this again? Probably yes. It's less hassle to take care off and I can cut curling my lashes from my makeup routine. It's supposed to last for 2-3 months. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Wallet damage: P600.

7 comments:

MariaKristela said...

Let's Face It in Greenbelt 1 is my trusted salon for my eyelash perming. The perm lasts around 3 months and it's cheaper at P280. :)

Jem said...

hope that it would really last that long!
love your lashes
^_^

Pammy said...

They did a good job! :)

LFI offers the same service for about half the price at Lavish Lashes.

Curling my lashes seem to already be part of my system and routine. :D

aringkingking said...

So if they are picky with customers they might reject me, I have thin and short lashes. I wanted to try lavish lashes pa naman. I want the natural curl like yours, I had my first eyelash perming at LFI, the curl looks unnatural :(

Crystal said...

@mariakristela and pammy, i wanted to try it in LFI but i've been reading some bad reviews ever since they changed their formulation to speed up the process. i'm scared to risk it because i have sensitive eyes. do you find LFI good?

@thiamere, thank you sis!

@aringkingking, i'm not 100% sure, but i think the longer the lashes are, the more natural the curl is because they use a bigger rod. that could be the reason why they are picky with their clients.

Catmare said...

Looks nice and natural. I hope the curl will last long. :) I'd like to try this because I my lashes points downwards. But I'm afraid. IDK why. lol.

Crystal said...

@Catmare, my experience was okay naman. But if you have reservations, i get it. After all, it's your eyes.

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails