Thursday, January 13, 2011

Product Review: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup

Good morning everyone! How are you doing? It's a thursday today meaning most of you are already looking forward for the weekend. As for me, well, things get busier during the weekend. 

Anyway, today I will be reviewing Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. Pammy was kind enough to give me a sample and she also raved about it in her blog.

After trying it out a few times, I was really sold! I don't normally use liquid foundation except for events, since I find that it starts looking ugly after several hours because of my uber oily skin. But I think my skin has finally found its match!

This foundation gives a medium coverage. The bottle looks scary because the foundation looks cool- toned when in the bottle, but it actually is warm-toned when applied to the skin.

PROS
  • classy packaging
  • great staying power
  • creates a smooth finish
  • comes with SPF 10 for those who skip sunblock
  • even after a few hours, my skin just looks dewy instead of looking oily! that way, I'm not so conscious of whether or not I have to blot

CONS
  • doesn't come with a pump, so it's hard to get the foundation out
  • can be a little hard to blend
  • pricey at P1900. but I just think of it this way, I'm just adding P300 to a MAC Studio Fix Fluid, but I get better results!
Topped with my favorite finishing powder (which will be revealed in future posts), I finally look decent and not like an oil mine!

Here's an FOTD of me wearing Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup. I'm sorry I can't take a clearer FOTD, since the lighting here in the house is pretty bad.



Have you tried this? How do you find it? :) Have a great day!

15 comments:

Pammy said...

The foundation looks great on you, dear. Glad that it also works for you. Haha!

Crystal said...

thanks for introducing this to me pammy!

herroyalbleakness said...

We're both in love with Estee now... :) Pammy's fault, noh?

I have it, too, and I get a lot of compliments when I'm wearing it.

Your FOTD's so pretty!

Crystal said...

you bought it also? haha BI si pammy! im glad you like it too!

AskMeWhats said...

it looks nice!

Pammy said...

Crystal and Argie, hala. Namimiss ko tuloy si Estee, na kay Argie na. Penge naman sample. Haha! Joke. :P

Crystal said...

wahhaha so si argie pala ang bumili kay estee! bigyan kita you want?

The Beauty-Addict said...

great blog you have here! newbie blogger here! it'll be so sweet of you if you follow me there too

http://ibeauty-addict.blogspot.com/

Pammy said...

Haha! Okay na, happy naman na ako sa piling nina Shu FA and Lancome.

Crystal said...

beauty addict, thank you for following. i'll check your blog out :)

pammy, may lancome ka pa? wow grabe na ito! foundie phase ka talaga. haha

lily said...

Hi, what shade do you use? I think our shades are similar. I'm planning to try this. Thanks.

Crystal said...

hi lily, i use sand :)

Janet said...

I'm thinking of purchasing this as I really love's EL's skincare products. But I'm still pretty new to their cosmetics therefore still checking on some reviews before I get my hands on them..Thanks for the review. Really helpful =)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You look great wearing the makeup. Nice FOTD!
xo,
~Pauline @Kallony

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails