Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review: E.L.F Brow Kit in Medium

Hello dearies! Finally, I'm back with another review. This time, I'm going to review one of the staples in my everyday makeup routine: ELF Brow Kit in Medium. 


Here it is when opened:


The one on the left is the brow gel to help keep your brows in place, and then the right side is the powder.

Here are the swatches:


The left swatch is the powder while the right side is the swatch of the gel. I'm sorry, I inadvertently switched the swatches.

I've been using this for a very long time now so I can say a lot about this product now. Here's what I think:

PROS
  • The color is just right for me, not too light and not too dark
  • Pigmentation is okay. It's not uber pigmented which is not a problem for me since I have thick brows already and I just need to add a little more shape
  • Comes with a mirror already
  • The brush that comes with it is useful and very soft, not scratchy at all.
  • Lasts all day. I seriously have an oily face, but I don't retouch my brows.

CONS
  • Have sparse brows? This might not be enough to give you coverage. A brow pencil could be a better choice.
  • The gel that comes with it is so-so. I find that it's holding powder is not very good.
All-in-all, I think this for its price of $3 (US price since I had this ordered from the US), this is a good product.

Lastly, let me show you a picture of my brows before and after I put the powder and gel.


As you can see, I have thick brows already, so this works well for me :)

Rating: 4/5

10 comments:

Pammy said...

Your brows look good, Crystal. I like the old packaging better than the new one with the mini window. :P

PEACHY PINK SISTERS said...

nice review! but i have mac espresso/lingering to finish up so i don't think I need this yet...

Anonymous said...

interesting product. will check it out. thanks for the review. i need something to maintain my brows.

Crystal said...

pammy, ay iba na pala packaging now? buti i have the old one :)

peachy pink sisters, i want to try that too!

lootwagon, i hope you'll like it :)

herroyalbleakness said...

those arches are already great to begin with... but i guess the brow gel helps you with cleaner-looking brows :)

Crystal said...

yes, it does help make my brows look cleaner, but it's hold is just so-so. btw, my left eyebrow sucks. hahaha!

AskMeWhats said...

I love brow powders as they are easier to control :) Thanks for the review

Kate said...

I'm totally in love with this elf kit, but I had to get the light version as the medium was too dark for me, and I also use a long hangled precision brush instead of the one supplied.

Kat x
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway @ Click&Make-Up!

Miss Shopcoholic said...

you're right Crystal, I have sparse brows kasi, I bought this but didn't work for me. Well, try ko sha again with a pencil hehe

Crystal said...

@nikki, sure anytime :)

kat, haha i'm too lazy to reach for another brush :P

@khymm, oo nga a pencil might be a better choice for you :)

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails