Hello everyone! I'm sorry I know I've been neglecting my blog recently but I've been very stressed and very busy lately. I'd like to ask you guys to bear with me for a while. Hopefully, things will look up and then I'd be able to blog more.
So now, I'd like to share with you something that I've been using and I'm sure that there are a good number of people who are curious with this product. This product has been creating a buzz for a while ever since it was still called MaMa Lotion. Now, it's been reformulated and changed its name to M2. The problem is, it's only available in Derma offices and the price hike is not easy on the pocket.
:Luckily, I was able to purchase this from skincarerx.com when they had a sale a few months ago, and I was really looking forward to trying it.
Eliminate all your skin care woes with one easy-to-use serum. This multi-purpose facial treatment uses a high-potency combination of Mandelic and Malic Acids to rapidly even skin tone, reduce breakouts, and soften wrinkles. (Previously known as MaMa Lotion)
1.7 fl. oz.
1.7 fl. oz.
DI Water, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid,Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Acrylate/ Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Dimethylacrylamide Crosspolymer, Isohexadecane,Polysorbate 60, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Algae Extract, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Butylene Glycol, Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Coenzyme Q10, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA
What I got was the strongest concentration which is the 20%. It's made up of 10% Malic Acid and 10% Mandelic Acid.
I've been using this only once every two days, as directed for the first two months. Right now, I've been using it for more than one month, so I can make some observations already :)
Here's what I'm finding:
- Aside from Malic and Mandelic Acid, it has other ingredients that are beneficial to the skin too like CoQ10, Hyaluronic Acid and Aloe Vera.
- The packaging is nice in idea, but in reality it was flimsy
- With prolonged use, I've noticed that my face is not so oily anymore (yey!)
- My skin definitely feels softer
- My skin is less clogged
- During the first few uses, this can really sting, much like during the first few uses of tretinoin.
- There can be visible peeling during the first week
- It has a strong smell and a sticky texture
- Like I mentioned, the cap is flimsy. It broke off a few days into usage.
NOTES AND TIPS
- Gals with sensitive skin might want to try a lower concentration like 15% or 10% since this could really sting at first.
- Wait for 10-15 minutes before putting moisturizer since it needs time to be absorbed by the skin
Will I buy again? Only if it's on sale or I get it for less than $48. Hihi