Thursday, October 28, 2010

Acne Problems? This could help.

A few days ago, I got asked about my acne routine, so I decided to make a post about it. First off, let me start off by saying that my skin is extremely oily and acne-prone. It's really a lot of work maintaining my skin. If I feel too sleepy and decide not to wash my face, then I'll surely have a zit or two by morning. So it's really important to be diligent with your facial routine. For oily, acne-prone gals like me, sticking to your routine can make a huge difference.

It's really important to have a cleanser that is specifically for acne. One thing I noticed (at least in my case) is that no matter how many acne products I have, if my cleanser is not anti-acne, then I will still get zits. For my case, Skintel Pimple Clearing Soap works well for me. And the best part? It's super affordable at P75 only!

Using makeup? I believe in the oil cleansing method, oil-removes-oil. I use Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil Fresh, which is specifically for oily skin. Read my review HERE


I've been using M2 Skin Refinish for a few months and so far it's been good. Read my review HERE


Good ol' fashioned tretinoin works well for me too. It's available at your nearest drugstore. Just be sure to always wear sunblock.

Things that could be adding up to your acne that you might not be noticing:
  • Makeup: Use something that's oil-free or non-comedogenic. I still believe that mineral foundation is the best for everyday use.
  • Vitamins: Oily-skinned gals really should stay away from the natural Vitamin E. Instead, look for water-soluble vitamin E from stores like Health Express. Even small doses of natural vitamin E found in multi-vitamins like Centrum give me more zits, so it's something that you should think about too :)


9 comments:

Pammy said...

Glad Shu Cleansing Oil Fresh works for you. It broke me out, sadly.

donnarence said...

yay thanks for this.. i will tell my brother to try skintel's soap.. :D

AskMeWhats said...

thanks for sharing , removing makeup really helps no?

Crystal said...

pammy, sayang naman it broke you out.

donnarence, i hope it works for him :)

nikki, yes malaking difference talaga.

herroyalbleakness said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
herroyalbleakness said...

typo ^ had to delete it

what a concise and meaningful post. :)LIKE! LOL, parang facebook lang.

thanks for sharing your tips on busting acne!

Crystal said...

hey gurl, thanks!

pee.pee said...

thank you so much for this post. I do have an oily and acne prone skin too and I am still in search for something that will cure my small annoying zits. I'm going to try skintel's soap now :)

Crystal said...

i hope it helps you then!

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails