Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Product Review: The Balm Cosmetics Liquid Timebalm Spot Concealer with Tea Tree Oil


Hello lovelies! Did you miss me? I'm sorry for not updating my blog. I went on a self-imposed exile for a few weeks to deal with something important. I'm not gonna spill anything for now, though. So anyway, back to business! I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately, and as a result, I've been having really bad breakouts. My self-esteem is suffering from all these zits, so I had to find a spot concealer with tea tree oil to help heal my zits while I recover. I remember reading some good reviews about The Balm Liquid Timebalm so I gave this a try.

There are three shades available: Fair, Nude and Honey. Nude was the closest one to my skin tone. This comes with a doe-foot applicator, much like a lip gloss. I recommend that you don't put this directly on your face, otherwise you might end up with more concealer than you can handle.

Here's a blended swatch on my hand:



As you can see, the concealer is not completely yellowish. There's a bit of a salmon undertone, but still workable for blending onto pimples.

PROS
  • The tea tree oil helps heal zits.
  • A little goes a long way
  • Provides good coverage.

CONS
  • Because it's liquid it takes longer to dry
  • Not that long-lasting; I have to reapply after a few hours.

TIP: For spot concealing, I find it better to use a small concealer brush instead of my fingers. This way, the concealer only goes into the spot as opposed to all over your face. Don't forget to set with powder.

Place bought: Beauty Bar for P875.

Will I repurchase? Maybe. Hopefully I won't have to buy another one since I rarely breakout and just have the occasional zit.

Other spot concealers with tea tree oil that you can try are The Body Shop and Fashion 21.


4 comments:

Jem said...

hope everything is well,sweetie
^_^

i'm not really into products that has tea tree. it's just not effective for me anymore..haha
plus the scent bothers me na.
>_<

but i know the benefits of it & im sure that this is great for those who love tea tree oil!
^_^

Crystal said...

sayang sis it didn't work for you. i remember back in high school i used TBS facial wash and it really helped clear my face, but it was a little too drying even for me.

noone said...

a little goes a long way is always good... but having to reapply so often though hmmm! thanks for the review!

Mischievous Mack said...

Sounds... mediocre! That's why reviews are awesome, so I don't wast my money :)

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails