By the name of my blog, you can see that I love mineral makeup. I have lots of them especially foundations and finishing powders. They remain to be my everyday makeup. I don't use traditional makeup on a daily basis. Now I'll tell you why I love them!
- It has natural SPF
- It's much more skin-friendly
- It has a much longer shelf life
- It's cheaper than traditional makeup
- It looks and feels like second skin
- Does not cake after a few hours on my oily skin
- It doesn't clog pores and it's suitable for sensitive skin
- A little goes a long way
So as you can see, there are so many benefits of using mineral makeup. However, I admit that it has its downsides. Here's my list:
- It's can be messy and hard to travel with
- It needs to be applied with a brush (can't use fingers!)
- Does not provide the full coverage that traditional makeup offers
- A lot of brands are not available locally
So there you have it. If you ask me, the pros still far outweigh the cons. As for the staying power, some people complain that it doesn't stay long on their skin, especially when it comes to blushes. I believe that they just haven't found the right brand for them yet. I happen to know some brands wherein the blushes last for 10-12 hours on my uber oily skin! And I mean oily! Mineral makeup is my first love and will forever hold a special place in my heart.
So what about you? What do you prefer? Mineral or traditional? I'd love to hear your thoughts.