Monday, April 11, 2011

Skincare on a Budget

Hello everyone! How are you doing? I'm sorry I haven't been blogging often. I honestly thought that I'd have more time to blog, but summer is still quite hectic, with all the summer programs and all. Anyway, today I'm going to talk about skincare on a budget. Previously, I wrote about how i believe in investing in eye cream. Now how about for the rest of your skin care regimen? Here are my thoughts on what to save on and what to scrimp on especially when you're on a tight budget.

Facial Cleanser = save. I used to think that cleansers are something that you should really spend on, but come to think of it, facial cleansers don't really stay long on your face, so if you're low on a budget, you can save on this. Just choose something that's targeted for your skin's needs.

Exfoliant = save. There are many affordable exfoliants out there that range from non-abrasive to abrasive depending on your preference. Need an exfoliant because of acne? Tretinoin is readily available and won't burn a hole in your pocket.

Toner = save.  Toners are actually meant to make sure that your face is dirt-free and also to clean off residue left behind by soap. So toners need not be expensive.

Sunblock = save. Gone are the days when sunblock felt greasy and left an ugly white mask. Nowadays, there are so many choices available. Just make sure to choose something that's non-greasy, and has both UVA and UVB protection.

Eye cream = spend. I already wrote a whole article on this, so there's no need to elaborate further. If you only have enough money to invest in one product, I suggest that it be eye cream.

Moisturizer = save/spend. I think you can save on moisturizer if you have to, but I honestly believe that you should upgrade your moisturizer as you get older, since our skin gets more dry as we age.

What about you? What do you think? I'd love to read them :)

4 comments:

herroyalbleakness said...

i don't use eye creams (as even the gentlest irritates my syringoma) so i cant share my take on that but i'd have to agree with your list.

on toners: i've tried cheap ones, L'oreal Pure Zone and Dickinson's Witch Hazel, but they didn't seem to do as much as what Clinique's toner does for my skin. i feel that Clinique is an affordable alternative if you have someone who can buy for you from the U.S. A 200mL bottle lasts me 7months (spent P 600ish) and a 400mL one lasts me more than a year! if only SSI didn't hike up on their price points that much, anyone can get Clinique at affordable prices.

on sunblocks: i love my Hamilton sunblock, it's SPF80 and i shell out P450 on a tub that i haven't finished up yet (got it last Nov 2010).

great post Crystal :) can't wait to see you this coming weekend!

Crystal said...

thanks for your insight! see you this weekend!

Catmare said...

Definitely agree with your post and with the herroyalebleakness' comment. I use Clinique's toner and moisturizer. And I think it's affordable if you buy it from the US. I feel like the price here is about 2-3x more.

Crystal said...

oo nga e, clinique is so expensive here :( sayang, it's not affordable anymore.

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails