Thursday, August 13, 2009

Basement Academy Day 2

Hello dear readers! I'm sorry for the lack of updates. I've just been really busy because I finally decided to go to makeup school. This was a hard decision since i sometimes have work at night. So yes, I skipped work a few times for this :P

We have two teachers for this class, Nina Dumpa and Georgina Desuadido. They alternate sometimes but sometimes they're together. It's because the regular teacher is on maternity leave.

For the 1st day, we did straight makeup on each other. I wasn't able to take pictures of my 1st day in Basement Academy but I took pictures of the 2nd day. On our 2nd day, we learned how to do eyebrows and countouring. I admit, I have a lot to learn about makeup and doing eyebrows is something I've never done since I just do makeup on myself most of the time. I'm also too lazy to contour but now I really have to do it now.

Here's a picture of my model before:


And here's a picture of her after:


We were asked to do a natural look and we used cream for contouring. She asked if she could just use clear gloss on her lips. Since she was only 15, I agreed to keep her looking young. I still have much to learn. I wish I had more time to practice. That's all :P

13 comments:

Pammy said...

Nice! Been thinking of enrolling at a make up class but only at the affordable ones. Nicely done make up. :)

Kai | Kat said...

congratulations on taking the plunge and going to makeup school! your teachers are absolutely wonderful people. just a tiny correction: georginna's surname is "desuasido" ^_^

georginna did my sister in law's makeup for her wedding and she turned out beautifully.

good luck! your first model looks looks like a classy 15 year old after you finished her look.

Ida said...

awesome you're going to makeup school! i wanna go too :D she looks good.

Jem said...

wow!
i wanted to go to a makeup school kaya lang no time and money e.
im sure you are enjoying yourself
that's a great job that you did!

^_^

AskMeWhats said...

Yay! congrats! you've finally made it! time flies fast so 2 weeks will pass by quickly! goodluck and enjoy!

Crystal said...

pammy, i debated whether i go to basement or sofa. sofa is just a bit over half the price but there's also double the amount of students so bawi bawi lang.

kai, thank you! yes, georginna did a demo and our model turned out beautifully!

ida, go na din! hehe

Crystal said...

thiamere, i know what you mean. i saved up for it and missed work twice na :P

nikki, oo nga e. i can't believe i'm halfway done!

Unknown said...

How cool. This is awesome. Im sure you are having lots of fun. Bwt your model looks pretty!

Crystal Gale said...

congrats sis! I want to enroll too but maybe once I found a stable job to support the tuition fee haha..I want to attend in Makeup Forever coz I love their products and I heard the amount you paid will be used to buy stuffs from them :)

Kim said...

wow you're taking makeup classes na pla. Njoy sis! and good luck.

Crystal said...

becky, thank you very much dear!

gale, talaga? you can reimburse it pala? i didn't know that.

kim, yeah i need luck esp since i work slow!

Czel said...

congrats! nag enroll ka na pala. the last time we talked, you mentioned about it and you were still undecided. hehe. it's also my dream to enroll in a makeup class but right now i can't make it my top priority. =(

goodluck sis!

Crystal said...

czel, thank you sis! yes i enrolled na and i'm loving it!

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails