Sunday, December 14, 2008

My Coastal Scents Palettes

Okay, first of all, I'd like to apologize for not being able to blog so much. December is my busiest month of the year, with all the Christmas concerts. Well, at least that means I have more money to spend on makeup and skincare! Just kidding. I'll really try to blog more often this coming January.

Anyway, moving on, I received my Coastal Scents 88 palette (the original one, not the shimmer). I promise that this is THE LAST eyeshadow palette that I will buy since I already have all the other palettes that I want. My only lament is that I wished that I bought all of my palettes together instead of buying them one-by-one so I would have saved P200 (around $4) extra on shipping.

Here's a pic of the 88 palette (left) side-by-side with the 88 shimmer palette (right):

As you can see, the shimer palette is indeed more shimmery. I read that the original palette is supposed to have matte and frost shadows, but actually, some of the shadows from the original palette are also shimmery. There are actually a few pans in the palette that are exactly the same as the one in the shimmer palette. Like they said, the 88 original palette is a little more pigmented than the shimmer palette, but I like the shimmer palette nonetheless because I like shimmer! Can you blame me?

So now, here is my family of Coastal Scents palettes:

from left to right: 88 palette, 88 shimmer palette, 28 neutral palette

The next day, I had to play with my new palette so here's a day look I made. Please forgive my messy hair. It was still wet when I shot the picture.


FACE:
Bare Naturals S5 Primer
Milan Minerals Oil at Bay
Ellana Sheer Velvet HD Powder in White Chocolate
Dreamworld Foundation Luna formulation in Themis
Joppa Dewy Finishing Silk in Sheer

EYES:
Monave Versatile Mineral Powder in Semi-matte Beige as base
Coastal Scents 88 palette 8th column, 1st row on lids
Coastal Scents 88 palette 10th column, 6th row on crease
Coasta Scents 88 palette 1st column, 3rd row as highlighter

CHEEKS:
Ellana blush in Heaven

LIPS:
Ellana liquid lip color in Allure

5 comments:

- - aika - - said...

congrats on your cs palettes :D

yung sakin hindi ko pa nagagalaw hahaha

Crystal said...

naku sis galawin mo na. nakakaaliw siya paglaruan :P

AskMeWhats said...

wow, I love all your palettes! I only own one..the 78pcs e/s and blush palette :)

Crystal said...

i don't have the 78 palette, but the colors from my palettes are so yummy. kami ni sis aika we have the exact same CS palettes :P even if you have a colorful palette, you might want to get the neutral palette which a lot of people find useful for bridal makeup

xxNikkiDooxx said...

sis, kung papipiliin ka from the 2 palettes, matte or shimmer?

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails