Sunday, January 25, 2009

Shopping Day!


This is my loot from today's shopping trip. Today was a free day for me and I had every intention of going to Rustan's Shangri-La to check out MAC Fluidline (since I've started searching for my HG eye liner) but I got sidetracked to different places and I ended up getting Prestige brushes #102 and #103 (it's already P325 each from the previous prices of P200+ only). Next time, I want to get #104. I also bought Godiva Vitamin C Serum (I've been using this for a long time now and I promise to review this one of these days) and Covergirl Brow and Eye Maker. I bought this because I'm looking for an affordable brow product so I searched MUA and the reviews were favorable so I decided to try this out.

Regarding the Prestige brushes, I'm concerned about their quality control. Each brush really looks very different from one another. They weren't consistent so I really had to inspect each stock one by one and choose which I think is the best among the lot, especially when it came to #104 (which I haven't bought yet). If you try going to Beauty Bar in Robinson's Galleria, the difference with each #104 brush is so big, I got confused what that brush was actually for. It was only when I went to Beauty Bar Podium where the #104 brushes were more uniform that I finally saw what it was supposed to look like.

Anyway, I saw Cinderella's big sale and saw some simple gowns at around 60% off. How could I resist? Being a performer, I always have to have a ready stock of evening wear so I bought two! There goes my budget for MAC Fluidline. I never even made it to Shangri-La. I guess MAC Fluidline will have to wait!

7 comments:

Yumeko said...

that godiva serum looks really really cool, cant wait for your review!!!!

what konad products did u buy? i didnt know what to buy and just got whatever Miss G reccomended

which beauty of essence brush do u like? u should try swapping with fellow bloggers from usa. i got some that way too ^^

Mel said...

Pareho tayo, still searching for a good black, non-smudgy, lasts-all-day eyeliner. I know MAC Fluidline is probably IT, since their Graphic Brown works so well on me, but I just cannot bring myself to spend P1,100 when it's supposed to be around P800 lang. :(

Have you tried Artdeco's waterproof eyeliners? They're nice, but I can't get my hands on a black one. Parati sold out.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great day shopping today! Haven't tried those Prestige brushes. Will check that out.

Hey you mentioned you perform? Where? :) Would love to see the outfits you got!

AskMeWhats said...

The bigger brush 103 is the best for blending :) the smaller one 104? i think? is rough..I like the bigger one more! :)

great loot, you're right we are easily sidetracked with a lot of stuffs :)

Crystal said...

^yumeko, i posted a pic of my konad haul. you can look at the tag konad to see what i got. regarding the EOB brushes, i want the eye brushes since i already have the face brushes. i'm kind of iffy about swapping internationally since i've never done it. i'll think about that and maybe i will do a swap with someone from the US.

mel, wah! unfortunately, i don't know any other way to get my hands on that MAC fluidline since it will be quite a long time before i will go to the US again. i've never tried artdeco. i'll look it up.

lootwagon, i don't have a spot where i perform in regularly (as a solo artist). i just go concert by concert.

nikki, 104 is the biggest brush. it's the shadow sweep brush. it looks similar to the blending brush of elianto. if you're referring to the smaller e/s brush, i didn't see that in prestige. i only saw 102-104 among the eye brushes.

miemiemie said...

sis what does the vitC serum do to your skin? hmmm now ko palang nakita yun ah..hehe

Crystal said...

^jamie, i'm acne prone kasi e. nagclear up yung face ko when i started using this twice a day. i promise to do a review one of these days.

More Stories You Might Like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails